April 29, 2021
By mid-May all of our clinics will be allowing clients back into the clinic for appointments by following these guidelines:
We will continue to adhere to Social Distancing Guidelines set by the State of Ohio.
- All clients and staff MUST wear a mask.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call in to the clinic and let us know you have arrived. Let the receptionist know what vehicle you are in and a staff member will come out to escort you and your pet into the clinic.
- Only 1 client per appointment will be allowed in the clinic. No additional family members will be permitted in the appointment. We will only allow ONE person in with each appointment.
- After the doctor finishes the appointment, the client and pet will be escorted to the checkout area.
- At all times, be mindful of Social Distancing.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, please reschedule your pet’s appointment.
We appreciate your cooperation as we welcome you back inside for appointments!
March 19, 2020
COVID-19 Update as it pertains to our clinic:
While we all are affected by the many restrictions, limitations and changes to our normal everyday life due to the pandemic with COVID-19, this is also affecting the veterinary medical profession.
Amid all the guidelines and recommendations that we are all having to abide by, recently Govenor DeWine recommended that the “veterinary profession reschedule or cancel elective procedures.”
We are a Wellness Clinic and we provide preventative care to and for your pets. Our veterinarians have taken an oath to protect and care for animals as well as protecting the health of the public and environment. This includes various forms of prevention or treatment to keep pets healthy, and also includes prevention and treatment of zoonotic diseases, which means diseases that can be passed to humans. Diseases such as Rabies, Leptospirosis, certain intestinal parasites and other viruses, if not prevented, is our primary concern. If we discontinue the care, services and education to you, our clients and pet lovers, we may be facing zoonotic concerns that can and will affect us all.
With that being said, we will continue to provide the compassionate quality veterinary care, service and education over the coming days, weeks and months ahead. We want to keep your pets safe and healthy and uphold our oath to promote animal welfare as well as protect the public and environment.
We have adjusted how we conduct our appointments to abide by the social distancing recommendations, and may be adjusting hours and staffing as needs change. Please call ahead, check our website or Facebook page to learn of any changes or updates as we all work through the COVID-19 crisis.
We want to assure you that we are here for you and your pets and we will do our best the help you keep them healthy. Thank you for your understanding and patience.